You could say that my science background left me with a love for categorising and sorting. It would be no surprise then that I created my own categories and tags system to facilitate the browsing and reading of the blog.
- Admin: all posts related to the running of the blog
- Reviews: the review category has 4 different labels:
- New, for newly acquired products
- Follow up, for a revision on my initial thoughts on a product
- Repurchased, for items that I enjoyed and am repurchasing
- Disappointments, for those products that did not deliver as expected.
- Empties, a post containing my thoughts after having finished a product.
- Bye Byes, for products in my stash that do not work for me
- Organization, for posts related to how I organize my stash
- Decluttering, for posts related to my ongoing project to declutter my stash
As for the tags, it would be a very long list if I tried to list them all. What I have done is sort them according to topic so you can use the search function at the top right of the blog:
- Skincare and other cosmetics tags always start with the word Skincare. They include face, body and hair products.
- Haircare items’ tags always start with the word Haircare.
- Make up products, make up inspiration, tips (including depotting) and tricks are all listed with the words Make Up at the beginning.
- All the brands that appear in the blog as well as posts detailing my thoughts after appointments showcasing new trends can be found as tags beginning with the word Brand.
- For the different limited edition launches and collections look for tags beginning with Collection.
- For posts belonging to the same haul look for tags beginning with Haul
- For posts on my favourites of a certain period look for tags beginning with Favourites
- For periodical posts like my Sunday Summary look for tags beginning with Weekly Post
- And as a random box where you can read about hair accessories or jewlery look for tags starting with Other.
One thought on “Tags and categories”