I must confess that since falling madly in love with Kiko’s Long Lasting Eyeshadow sticks and seeing them compared to the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks, I have been very very curious about them.
Earlier this year a new store carrying the Laura Mercier line opened in my town, and I had been struggling with the urge to try them until the Holiday sets were launched and I lost my inner battle!
The Laura Mercier Mini Caviar Stick Eye Color Set was a very good option to try them as it carried six different minis at a very reasonable price. Plus, all the shades were neutrals, so I would definitely use them a lot. I caved!
The shades contained in this set are:
- Rosegold, this is a light golden beige with a hint of rose.
- Moonlight is a beautiful warm taupe.
- Cooper, as its name implies this is a cooper shade.
- Amethyst, one would think with such a name that this shade would be straight purple but it isn’t. It is a soft and shimmery mauve, very flattering.
- Cocoa is warm brown, and it is the least shimmery shade of the bunch.
- Khaki leans more brown than green, it is also less shimmery that most of the shades in this bunch.
As you can see in the swatches above, the shades are very wearable and can be combined to create more subtle or intense looks.
Also, pending a formal comparison, the formula and staying power is quite similar to the Kiko sticks. However, the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks seem to be smoother upon application