During the year there have been changes and improvements to my beauty related knowledge and skills.
- On one hand I’ve said enough to the thick foundations that look unnatural and cakey. I now prefer a lightweight base and if necessary to add some powder to increase coverage and spritz some Fix+ to give it a more natural finish.
- Also, I have let my hair grow longer than it has been in the last 6 or 7 years. I have learnt how not to damage it unnecessarily: no hairdryer on regular days, dry shampoo to extend the time between washes, nourishing products in the shower and a bit of oil after towel-drying it, not to dye it as frequently (so I have had to change to a tone similar to mine).
- I have been improving my blending skills, which has been helped immensely by the purchase of better tools.
- Get to know your face! Your face is probably not exactly symmetric. I have a higher cheek, a higher eye and one side of my top lip is a smidge fuller than the other. If you know your face, you can adapt your make up application. That is the theory though, I have yet to master a symmetric cat eye!
- Invest in good skin care, not necessarily the most expensive, but products that have good ingredients (and no bad ingredients like alcohol) and that will not deteriorate (no jars!). It has been a big improvement and I have been able to cut down on foundation and concealer as well.
- Be organized as it is the better way to know what you own, what you really use, what suits you and what you do not need to buy. My decluttering project has been a real eye opener.
As for my beauty related resolutions for this new year:
- Keep track of my expenses! They pile up quicker than you would think.
- Only add shades that are truly different from what I own (continuation of the decluttering project).
- Master the winged eyeliner!
- Undereye concealer continues to be something that eludes me, master it!
- Enjoy make up! It is something that makes me feel ready to take on the world and it is a hobbie as well.
What about you? What knowledge will you carry from 2014 to 2015? Any resolutions?